Why have a Shiatsu massage while pregnant?
Here are top ten reasons to have a Shiatsu massage while pregnant:
View All FAQ
- Massage helps eliminate waste through the lymphatic and circulatory system, therefore reducing fatigue and increasing energy.
- Aids circulation and reduces the work load on the heart which assists in keeping blood pressure in check.
- Shiatsu stimulates glandular functions which stabilize hormones .
- Shiatsu relieves the normal discomforts of pregnancy—backache, leg cramps, headaches and edema and swelling.
- Shiatsu increases circulation which brings more oxygen and nutrients to cells (thereby reducing varicose veins) and to your baby’s cells providing your baby with better nourishment.
- Shiatsu soothes and relaxes nervous tension which helps you to sleep better.
- Doctors and midwives agree that a relaxed mother will have a healthier pregnancy.
- Massage relaxes tense muscles and tones loose muscles.
- Cramping, knots, tension, tightening, stiffness and muscular discomfort can be alleviated with massage.
- Back labor can be relieved with proper massage techniques to the sacrum area.